I wonder what your thoughts are this time of the year? It’s cold and we have the occasional flurry of snow, but the days are finally getting longer again…
Maybe you get excited about being creative and coming up with a fun idea for your valentine, perhaps you find February a difficult month and feel lonely, or maybe you enjoy looking around the shops and seeing all the date night clothes and the shelves filled with on sale chocolate (thank you Jesus for Lindor).
Whether you LOVE Valentine’s Day or HATE it, there is something which all of us can enjoy celebrating – The girls! So, here is a guide showing you how you can choose love this February, by blessing your gals who are there with you through all your ups and downs, who encourage and challenge you, who laugh with you and cry with you.
The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. – Proverbs 27:9
Galantine’s Day Top-Tips:
Presents – People love receiving little gifts which show them you are thinking of them. This could be given anonymously, or you could hand deliver it.
- Flowers: A single red rose, a bunch of carnations from Tesco or some seeds they can grow themselves.
- Something homemade: A baked cookie or brownie, a card, something you have knitted; you can get creative with this one!
- Pamper Hamper: Put together a small gift bag full of stuff for a relaxing night in – some chocolate, facemasks, pair of socks, hair bands, foot masks, nail varnish… whatever you think they might like.
- Something personal: You know your friends best, what would they love to receive? Maybe something you have shared together, or you know is their favourite!
Quality Time – Some people value the time you can spend with them.
- Dinner: You could either go out for a meal with one friend or a group or have them over to yours and cook a meal for or with them.
- Zoom dates: If some of your friends live far away, why not jump on zoom and watch a movie together from afar.
- Prayer: Get together with a friend or two and ask them what they need prayer for and then spend time praying for each other and asking God for words or pictures for them.
Words of Affirmation – Words can be so important to people in knowing how much you value their friendship, so make sure you tell them!
- Write a letter or a card telling them why they mean so much to you and how awesome you think they are.
- Pray for your friends and ask God to give you a Bible verse for them, tell them what God said in person or in a voice note.
These have been just some of the ways you can celebrate with your best girls this Galentine’s day. God gives us the gift of friendship, so why not take this opportunity to let them know how much they mean to you?!
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. – 1 John 4:7