Did you know as a Christian there is an invitation with your name on it?
When you became a Christian God had already got plans for your life…
Jer 29:11 ‘For I know the plans I have for’ declares the Lord. ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future’.
The most exciting and astounding thing is that He wants you to partner with Him in these plans and for you to live a naturally supernatural life listening carefully to His voice. He will lead you through your day and will communicate with you about the things He wants you to do or say to people and then He wants you to act upon it!
You’re probably thinking: Could God use little old me? Why would He choose to use me? What on earth have I got to offer?
The answer to those thoughts and doubts is that God can most certainly use you if you will allow Him to. As His disciples we are called to,
Matt 10 ‘Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give’.
That may all sound a little scary but on a much simpler note He wants us to see people as He does through the eyes of love and to see the person in front of us and see what they need. What love looks like for that person will vary from individual to individual and may be a cup of coffee, kind word, encouragement, prayer or even a clean pair of socks.
God wants us to live intentionally and to be on the lookout for people we can bless as we go about our daily lives. This is going to look different for all of us as we go to school, college, work, friendships etc.
You may not know this but you have your own unique ‘sphere of influence’ that nobody else has. You encounter people and situations every day in you r sphere of influence and you are ‘God’s plan A for this world’ (Joyce Meyer quote).
There are a few key principles to being used by God:
- Being obedient and doing what He is asking you to do.
- Being willing to let Him guide you as He is such a gentleman He will not bully or coerce you into partnership with Him.
- Spending time listening to Him because He is communicating with you all the time (although you may not be sure how at the moment). Put time into developing a deep and intimate relationship with Papa God.
- Live courageously stepping out to do the ‘stuff’ He is asking you to do.
- Get ready to embark on the most exciting journey of your life. This is what You are called to do as His daughter’s.
Do you want to go on an adventure with God?
Take time and consider the question. Then talk to God and tell Him you are available and you want Him to use you!
GET READY, BECAUSE HE WILL!