Life can be super stressful at times. Maybe it’s school work, family troubles or friendship problems that are stressing you out, but whatever it is, stress isn’t good for you! It can cause us to be over emotional and sometimes even poorly! So it’s important for us to learn how to keep our cool and ride through the storms that may come our way.
- If you are stressed because you have too much going on at once, try writing it all down. Make a list of everything you need to do and then put it in order of importance. You may find there were things taking up valuable brain space that you could cross straight off your list because they don’t even need to be there.
- Whatever you’re going through, make sure you are always doing at least one thing you enjoy a week. It could be sport, shopping, hanging with friends, watching a film or another hobby. Life can get overwhelming at times so it’s important we are treating ourselves to the things we love so that we can be reminded that life isn’t so bad after all.
- Speak to someone you can trust. If you have a close friend, a lovely mum, or an older person in church that you like chatting to, tell them about what is stressing you out and see if they have any wisdom or advice to help you. Even talking about it could be enough to make you feel more at peace.
- Remember you have a Father in Heaven who really really loves you and wants you to tell Him about it. The bible instructs us to “Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7). Spend time reading some encouraging bible verses, and speaking to God about what is troubling you. You can read our list of bible verses to help with anxiety here.
- Don’t overthink. When we are stressed out we tend to think about the problem so much that we end up adding more problems to it that weren’t even there in the first place! Try and get some perspective, focus on dealing with the root of what is going on and if you feel yourself getting worked up – Pray, go for a walk, eat a biscuit…do ANYTHING else!